Codega Prize 2017: LED lighting excellences award
Light will be the main character of next 13th of October on the occasion of the Codega Prize 2017. In the beautiful setting of Villa Foscarini in Padua/Venice, lighting professionals will meet to celebrate lighting design and LED lighting excellences.
The Codega Prize is the international recognition assigned to the best solutions/realizations for their innovative aspects. But also for the use of smart lighting and their energy saving & efficiency results. An award that recognizes creativity but also “Human Centric” approaches for people’s wellbeing.
The international prize
The Prize aims at spreading the culture of light and the related aspects of energy saving, creativity and quality linked to LED Lighting.
The award is promoted and organized by international associations such as Assodel (Italian Federation of Electronics Clusters) and IDEA (International Distribution of Electronics Association). Under the patronage of APIL(Italian Association of Lighting Professionals), AILD (Italian Association of Lighting Designers), A-PDI (Asociacion Disenadores de Illuminacion).
(*) Some of the candidates of the latest editions include: AF Lighting, Aureolighting, James Poore LD, Brian Orter LD, Licht 01, Pfarrè Lighting, Michael Grubb, Wadalowski, Simone Micheli, Stefano Dall’Osso, DCI, Skira, Arup…
The Codega Prize includes two categories.
1 – Lighting Design – a recognition to the best independent lighting designers and professionals’ realizations or installations.
2 – Lighting Solution – a recognition to the best LED solutions/systems and luminaires.
Both recognitions underline the innovative dimension of lighting design where there must be creativity but also technological research, development of customized solutions and positive results in terms of energy efficiency and human well-being.
The Jury of the Codega Prize is composed by qualified experts of lighting and electronics sectors.
- Silvio Baronchelli – President of Assodel
- Stefano Catucci – Director of Lighting Design Master at La Sapienza University of Roma
- Paul James – MondoArc* Editor in chief
- Francesco Iannone – Lighting designer
- Massimo Malaguti – past Director of Univeneto
- Fabio Peron – Teacher at IUAV University of Venice
- Thomas Roemhild – Professor at the University of Wismar, Course Director Architectural Lighting Design
- Maurizio Rossi – Director of Lighting Design & LED Technology Master at Politecnico of Milan
- Esther Torello – Editor of Lightecture
- Paola Urbano – Lighting Designer, Co-founder of APIL and Member of its Board
The prize-giving ceremony will follow a conference on the most interesting projects which will take place at Illuminotronica (www.illuminotronica.it). This is the fair trade devoted to LED lighting and home automation, from the 12th to the 14th of October.